Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting: The Naked Grape Pinot Noir

Name: The Naked Grape Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir

Region: California
Country: USA
Year: None listed
Price: $6.95

Winery review: Smooth red wine with aromas of black cherry and blueberry. (http://www.thenakedgrapewine.com/Our-Wine/Pinot-Noir.asp)

My review: When I first smelled this wine I got a whiff of nuttiness and a strong alcohol smell, almost like ammonia. After tasting it, I got notes of peach, earthiness and a slight citrus with a mildly salty aftertaste. When pairing it with food, I got a very strong blueberry. This wine did not knock my socks off but was pleasant enough for a casual dinner setting. 



Food: Rustic-style white bread (buttered) and penne pasta with a cream sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment