Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting: CK Mondavi Moscato

Name: 2011 C K Mondavi Family Vineyards Willow Spring Moscato
Variety: 85% Moscato, 14% Symphony, 1% Other
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $5.99

Winery review: Our Moscato has a floral, fruity nose and ends with a sensation of lemon zest on its finish.

A refreshing before dinner wine and so perfect to add to party punch. Pair with Latin dishes or Asian cuisine. It’s just right for spicy food!


My review: I found this wine to be almost sickeningly sweet with a very syrupy, fruity flavor. I tasted apple and honeysuckle and found it to have a hint of a sparkling quality/carbonation. The winery review suggests that this wine would be good in punch and I would be curious to try either that or in a white sangria. 

Food:I had this both on its own and then with plain potato chips

No comments:

Post a Comment