Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tasting: Lobetia Tempranillo

Name: Lobetia Tempranillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95

Winery review:Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. It shows a nice cherry color with a violet shade because of its youth. Red berries and
cherries on the nose. On the palate it is fresh, slightly astringent, and harmonious with a long finish.

My review: The Lobetia Tempranillo smells earthy and tobbaco-like, just as I have come to expect of most tempranillos. In my opinion, there is less scent variety with this type of grape than many others (based on my personal experience). I dries the mouth a bit and is certainly astringent but is a more medium-bodied wine than some of the full-bodied tempranillos I have had previously. I thought it tasted chemical and found the finish to be short. Overall, I did not like the wine and would not purchase.

Food:  None

No comments:

Post a Comment