Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tasting: Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone

Name: Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $14.95/750mL or $38.95/3L

Winery review: As for their other values, the 2010 Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone Reserve (70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault) displays loads of ripe flavors. It is very concentrated for a Cotes du Rhone,
and is actually an amazing wine. Classic garrigue, black cherry liqueur, lavender, licorice and spice box are all present in this fullbodied, intense, and rich Cotes du Rhone. This is a sensational effort to drink over the next 4-5 years, although it might last even longer

My review: The aromas on this wine were overwhelmingly powerful, blasting me with currants/dates and a whiff of coffee. It was spicy yet earthy with a hint of melon. The finish left me with lingering notes of cherries in my mouth. This is the first Rhone Valley wine I have tried and I really liked it! I was surprised to find that it is supposed to peak in 4-5 years because it was fantastic right now.

Food:  None

No comments:

Post a Comment